Alex Dixon: left the game in the fourth quarter with "what
appeared to be a left knee injury." --
St. Petersburg Times
Frank Clark: recorded a safety. --
Cleveland Plain Dealer
Phillip Dukes: returned a fumble 33 yards for a touchdown. --
Eric Ebron: had a 25-yard touchdown reception. --
News & Record
Everett Golson: completed 18-of-22 passes for 302 yards and four
touchdowns (24, 17, 6, and 44 yards). He also rushed once for a 22-yard
Doran Grant: caught a touchdown pass. --
"We had a lot of things we wanted to achieve tonight; don't get complacent,"
Golson told the Sun News. "Sometimes, from the past, we knew if we worked
hard, we were going to score (a lot).
"In order to be a great team, we have to cut out on the small penalties.
That's what it was. Unfortunately, we had a lot of touchdowns called back."
The Sun News
Travis Hughes: rushed for 45 yards on 13 carries. --
The Virginia Pilot
Kameron Jackson: was held without a catch. --
The Daily Sentinel
Keith Marshall: rushed for 223 yards and three touchdowns on 23
Romar Morris: rushed six times for 166 yards and an 80-yard
touchdown, caught two passes for two touchdowns (48 and 83 yards) and a
combined 131 yards.
"He has the whole package," Clarence Inscore told the News & Observer of
Marshall. "He has great moves, and he sees things really well. He just has
that extra gear that a lot of kids don't have."
News & Observer
“I felt real pumped up to get on the field,” Morris told the Salisbury Post.
“I know every time I come out here it could be my last moment. You never know
what’s gonna happen. So I just try to make the most of it and go as hard as I
“I get up every morning and I’m thankful [Morris is] on our side and we don’t
have to chase him around,” Salisbury coach Joe Pinyan told the Salisbury Post.
“I’d hate to think about having to run that young’un down.”
-- Salisbury Post
Demetrious Nicholson: caught four passes for 76 yards. --
The Virginia Pilot
Drew Owens: had a "one-handed" touchdown reception. --
Christian Russell: rushed for 133 yards on 24 carries, but only
13 of those yards came in the second half.
T.J. Thorpe: caught three passes for 26 yards and one rush for
minus-3 yards. He missed most of the fourth quarter when he injured his ankle
jumping for a ball in the end zone. --
The Herald Sun
The Cary News
"We knew [Russell] was going to be a tough guy to bring down," opposing
defensive end Eric MacLain told the Fayetteville Observer. "In the first half
we didn't wrap up [and ] we really didn't perform to our ability. In the
second half, we figured out what they were doing." --
Marquise Williams: threw for 341
yards and 7 touchdowns on 18-of-28 passing.
Jamal Womble: rushed 22 times for 171
yards and two touchdowns (9 and 13 yards). --
"We wanted to keep playing hard, and let people know what we can do"
Williams told the Charlotte Observer. "We're a team with a lot of weapons and
we've been working hard to get better. I'll have a lot of people I can throw
the bal to this season."
- Pageland (S.C.) Central 20, Wadesboro (N.C.) Anson County (Stephone Anthony & Brandon Ellerbe) 7
- Wake Forest (N.C.) Wake Forest-Rolesville (Tommy Branch) 38, Wendell (N.C.)
East Wake 9
- Fayetteville (N.C.) Britt (Devonte Brown) 27, Raeford (N.C.) Hoke County
(Christian Russell) 6
- Charlotte (N.C.) Ardrey (Nick Davidson & Drew Owens) 31, Huntersville
(N.C.) North Mecklenburg 14
- Preseason Classic: Clearwater (Fla.) Countryside (Alex Dixon) 7,
Tampa (Fla.) Jesuit 7
- Cleveland (Ohio) Glenville (Frank Clark) 28, Indianapolis (Ind.) Warren Central (Kiaro Holts) 21
- Manning (S.C.) (Phillip Dukes) 34, Summerton (S.C.) Scott's Branch 14
- Greensboro (N.C.) Smith (Eric Ebron) 54, Roanoke (Va.) North Cross 0
- Myrtle Beach (S.C.) (Everett Golson) 63, Myrtle Beach (S.C.) Carolina
- Columbus (Ohio) Bishop Watterson 20, Akron (Ohio) St. Vincent-St. Mary
(Doran Grant) 7
- Virginia Beach (Va.) Salem 25, Virginia Beach (Va.) Kempsville (Travis
- Charlotte (N.C.) Mallard Creek (D.J. Humphires & Marquise Williams) 61,
Charlotte (N.C.) Harding 0
- Stevenson (Ala.) North Jackson 42, Madison (Ala.) Academy (Kameron
- Pikeville (N.C.) Aycock (Jarrod James) 39, Goldsboro (N.C.) Rosewood 10
- Jacksonville (Fla.) Raines (Chris Jones) 34, Jacksonville (Fla.) Wolfson
- Washington (D.C.) Ballou (Jamar Lewter) 38, Washington (D.C.) Roosevelt 0
- Raleigh (N.C.) Millbrook (Keith Marshall) 31, Knightdale (N.C.) 0
- Baltimore (Md.) Calvert Hall 24, Washington (D.C.) St. John's (Kevin McReynolds) 7
- Salisbury (N.C.) (Romar Morris & Darien Rankin) 36, Salisbury (N.C.)
East Rowan 3
- Virginia Beach (Va.) Bayside (Demetrious Nicholson) 21, Virginia Beach
(Va.) Green Run 10
- Clover (S.C.) 26, Gastonia (N.C.) Ashbrook (Norkeithus Otis) 12
- Morrisville (N.C.) Panther Creek 30, Durham (N.C.) Jordan (T.J. Thorpe) 14
- Fuquay-Varina (N.C.) (Shawn Underwood) 28, Clayton (N.C.) 7
- Hutchinson (Kan.) CC (Jamal Womble) 41, Kilgore (Texas) College 10