Here are some of the game notes from UNC's third win in 12 games, first in eight Atlantic Coast Conference games.
- UNC ended a six-game losing streak with the victory.With the win, UNC now leads the series 51-34-4.
- Jacque Lewis' 102 yards is the first time a UNC player went over 100 yards this season.
- Carolina finished 2-1 when it did not allow an opposing back to rush for at least 100 yards.
- Carolina finished 1-0 when they had a player run for at least 100 yards.
- The Tar Heels finished 1-8 when an opposing back ran for at least 100 yards.
- UNC retains the Victory Bell for the 13th straight year. The last time Duke won it was in 1989 when the Blue Devils beat UNC 41-0 in Steve Spurrier's last year in Durham. The Devils posed for as team photo underneath the Kenan Stadium scoreboard after that win.
- Just seven of UNC's 27 TDs on the season have come on the ground, and one of those was a fumble recovery by center Jason Brown in the loss to Texas. However, Carolina has given up 30 rushing TDs on the campaign.
- Aiken's 88 receiving yards gives him UNC's all-time single season record for receiving yards with 990.
- Aiken's eight receptions gives him 146 for his career, which puts him at 4th in school history behind Leon Johnson (151), Corey Holliday (155), and Na Brown (165).
- Aiken's 88 receiving yards now gives him 990 on the season, and 2,205 for his career, putting him at 3rd all time in UNC history behind Octavus Barnes (2,398) and Corey Holliday (2,447).
- Darian Durant's 262 passing yards gives him 3,965 yards for his career, good for 4th all-time in school history. Next on the list: Mike Thomas (4,368), Jason Stanicek (4,683), and Ronald Curry (4,987).
- Durant's 21 completions gives him 287 for his career, good for 7th on UNC's all-time list. Next in line: Kevin Anthony (296), Mike Thomas 302, Chris Keldorf (305), Matt Kupec (305), Ronald Curry (345), and Jason Stanicek (372).
- Durant's one touchdown pass gives him 33 TD passes for his career, which puts him in a tie for second with Matt Kupec. Chris Keldorf finished with 35 for his career.
- Free safety Dexter Reid entered the game leading the ACC in tackles per game with an average of 13.5.
- Carolina has lost four starters for the season due to injury: DE Will Chapman, DT Eric Davis, LB Robert Harris, and CB Michael Waddell.
- ACC teams reaching bowl games since 1992: FSU 10, UNC 8, Clemson 7, Virginia 7, N.C. State 6, Georgia Tech 5, Wake Forest 2, Duke 1, Maryland 1.
Senior writer Andrew Jones is in his seventh year with Inside Carolina. He hosts a late afternoon radio show on ESPN Radio, WMFD AM630 in Wilmington and can be reached via e-mail at: AndrewJones@AM630.net.