Miami at Purdue
Northwestern at Georgia Tech
Illinois at Maryland
Michigan at Virginia
Clemson at Iowa
Duke at Ohio State
Wednesday, November 30
Indiana at NC State
Penn State at Boston College
Florida State at Michigan State
Virginia Tech at Minnesota
Wake Forest at Nebraska
Wisconsin at North Carolina
(Times and networks are to be determined)
UNC Press Release:
CHAPEL HILL - The University of North Carolina will play Wisconsin in the 2011 Big Ten/ACC Challenge on Wednesday November 30, the Atlantic Coast Conference announced on Tuesday afternoon. The 13th annual event on Nov. 29-30 will be highlighted by the Badgers' first game in Chapel Hill and Duke at Ohio State -- four traditional power programs expected to be highly ranked entering the 2011-12 season - and an expanded format with new Big Ten member Nebraska. ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU and ESPN3.com will combine to televise all 12 games of the two-day event, one more than in the previous 12 Challenges.
The 2011 Challenge involves six teams ranked an early preseason top 25 by ESPN.com senior college basketball writer Andy Katz, including three in the top five: No. 1 Carolina, No. 3 Ohio State, No. 5 Duke, No. 11 Wisconsin, No. 21 Florida State and No. 23 Michigan.
This year's event - top college basketball programs playing for conference supremacy and the Commissioner's Cup -- will include 11 teams that played in the 2011 NCAA Tournament: Clemson, Duke, Florida State and North Carolina from the ACC, and Illinois, Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State, Penn State, Purdue and Wisconsin from the Big Ten.
Since 2000, the ACC (10) and the Big Ten (nine) have combined for 19 Final Four appearances and six national titles: UNC (2005 and 2009), Maryland (2002), Duke (2001 and 2010) and Michigan State (2000). The ACC leads in NCAA Tournament victories and Final Four appearances while the Big Ten is first in Tournament appearances.
North Carolina in the Big Ten/ACC Challenge:
- 12 appearances, 6-6 record
- This will be the first meeting in the ACC-Big Ten Challenge between North Carolina and Wisconsin Carolina and Wisconsin have only played one previous game - the Tar Heels beat the Badgers, 88-82, on March 27, 2005, in Syracuse, N.C., in the NCAA East Regional final. UNC won Roy Williams' first national championship the next weekend in St. Louis, Mo.
- UNC is 2-3 at home, 2-3 on the road and 2-0 at neutral sites (Greensboro and Detroit) in the ACC-Big Ten Challenge
- UNC is 2-0 vs. Ohio State, 2-2 vs. Michigan State, 1-1 vs. Indiana and 1-3 vs. Illinois) in the ACC-Big Ten Challenge
- Carolina head coach Roy Williams is 6-2 in the ACC-Big Ten Challenge